09 December 2007

Writing the Dissertation: The Three-Pass Process for Writing Efficiently

This from Dr. Rachna D. Jain of Complete Your Dissertation:

I’m often asked how it is that I’m able to write content so quickly. After all, I support several blogs, several newsletters, and I create products very regularly. So, while I like to write, I know that doesn’t mean everyone else likes to. So, I’d like to share with you what I call the three-pass process for writing efficiently.

The three-pass process depends on a couple of assumptions. One is that you actually know you want to write about or you know what you need to say. The second assumption is that you are willing to draft and let it be imperfect, and the third is that you’re willing to go back and revise anything that you write or create, again at a later time. So, the way the three-pass process works is like this...


Please click HERE to read the rest of this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? We need more support on the subject of dissertation writing. I wonder how many neuroses can be linked to it?

Dana Weber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.